Monday, March 3, 2014

Monday, March 3, 2014 "Happy Birthday!"

Hello there most amazing family ever!!!!
 
Ahhh thank you so much for all of the birthday wishes. . . since you said happy birthday already I am going to take that as a green light to open my package. . . Yes, it did come :) I was so excited when I received the package after a long, hard days work! I am so happy to hear that they lacrosse tournament was such a success and that Caden did such a great job. Caders is such a stud. I can't wait to hear about how Bubba and his team does in a few weeks.
 
Hahaha I loved all of those pictures that you sent. Nothing like a blast from the past. That is a crazy story about when I made my first appearance into the world, and to think I could have been a spring baby. . .
 
Well, you will be happy to know that Elder Strom and I are staying together!! We are going to be able to celebrate our birthdays together. His birthday is on the 12 of March, so we are going to have a huge party for ourselves next P-Day! Although, we did already have a pretty sweet party the last P-Day out at Arcachon. . . Oh my goodness, that is probably one of the most amazing things that I have ever seen. So there is something that you need to know, it rains every second of every day here in Bordeaux. . . Literally all the time. So last P-Day it was kind of a gamble spending the money to go out to the ocean if it wasn't going to be a really nice day. . . But, we totally lucked out and we like to think that the Lord blessed us for all of the hard work that we had been doing. It was the only day this transfer that was sunny and there was not a cloud in the sky. We got to enjoy the most amazing day ever laying out on the hot sand in the sun staring out at the ocean. It was a blast just running around on the huge sand pile and it was so much fun that we are actually going to be going back this transfer as well. This next time though we are going to invite a bunch of other missionaries and we are going play some football so it is going to be a blast.
 
There isn't too much that went on this week. We met a few really cool people when we were over at the college dorms though. We talked to about 5 college students and got 4 of their numbers and fixed 2 appointments to go back and teach them! The college students are seriously sooooo cool. One of the people we are teaching, well I should say two, are seriously so cool. They are twins!! When Elder Strom and I first contacted them we were looking back and forth and they looked completely identical. . . we just figured that we must be really tired after a long day of walking and talking to people, but nope, our minds weren't playing tricks on us. So right now we are teaching these two twin college girls who are studying to be nurses. It is pretty cool because we teach them at the institute with another young adult there all of the time. We have taught them 2 times now and we have an appointment with them tonight so fingers crossed that everything will go well!!
 
We have been still meeting quite a few really cool people and although we have had a lot of trouble contacting our old investigators everything is going really good right now.
 
Ohhh, I am so excited because Elder Crawley is actually moving into our zone and he is going to be one of the district leaders!! So we are going to see him all of the time and we are going to be able to go on some exchanges together!
 
Thank you so much for all of the wonderful birthday wishes! I loved the banner and seeing that everyone is celebrating my birthday back home! I don't know if they are celebrating my birthday or Brock's though. . . ;) I am just kidding, I know they are celebrating mine :)
 
I love you all so very much and have an amazing week!
 
Oh, by the way, I think I am going to buy a huge new umbrella this week and I am going to be spending all of P-Day at the Gare helping all of the missionaries who have been transferred.
 
Avec beacoup d'amour,
Elder Beyer

No comments:

Post a Comment