Monday, March 10, 2014

Monday, March 10, 2014 "Birthday was amazing"


Family!!

Oh my goodness!! Can you believe that Brock is going to be on his way home soon?! That seriously blows my mind and it is going to be so crazy to be the only missionary out in the family. It is starting to get real, all of Brock's friends are getting home. Send a hello for me and give Brockster a huge hug!

That game for Caden sounded seriously so amazing! Ahh I wish that I could have been there. You are going to have to make a sweet highlight film that I can watch when I get home from my mission. Congrats dude! Bubba is going to seriously tear it up in the tourney and I can't wait to hear how it goes.

Okay. . . The Birthday was seriously so amazing!!!

I loved the gifts that you sent so much! The faces were so funny and I was laughing so hard blowing all of them up. Troy's nice little addition with the butt kept me laughing for a little while. All of those gifts were absolutely perfect and I think that I have everything that I am going to need for the rest of my mission.



So to tell you about the birthday it was a blast. Elder Strom made me some food in the morning and then it was off to church. After church we headed out to knock some doors and then we headed back into Bordeaux to teach a "lesson." Elder Strom told me the night before that he had met someone really cool on his exchange and that they had set up an appointment for that night, he said that he lived right by our ward mission leader so we were going to have him help us teach. We knocked on his door and his wife opened up and said come on in, my husband is almost ready. As soon as I walked through the door two companionship's of missionaries and four of our members from America jumped out and said surprise!!! Happy Birthday!! I was seriously so shocked and it caught me so off guard! I was laughing so hard and was so happy. They made a cake for me that was seriously amazing and we had so much fun! It was awesome how they set it up because they moved out meeting that we normally have Tuesday nights to Sunday so that we could have my birthday party!

It was seriously such a blast and I was so spoiled for my birthday :)

Not only that, but I had another amazing birthday present in which our investigator came to church!!!!!!!! I was so excited :) She is like the coolest person ever and she is progressing really well right now, she has a baptismal date so we hope that everything continues to go as well as it is going.

This week we spent a lot of time on exchanges so we were kind of all over the place. It was a lot of fun to be able to work with so many different missionaries. This week I went on an exchange with Elder Olsen and with Elder Foote, one is from Canada and one is from Nevada.

This upcoming week is going to be a crazy one though. Right now we are just finishing up some last minute P-Day things before we fly off to Lyon. So we are going to fly out tonight, stay with the assistants who are a blast, and then go to zone leader council, and then fly back to quickly prepare for our conference this Thursday.

This week I read something really cool that I wanted to share real quick. I was doing a study on Repentance and I was turned towards Alma 34 and it talks about how repentance is the only way that the plan of salvation can work. It talks about the importance of having an Atonement and how there was no other way. The thing that I really liked though was that after it talks about those that are repentant it talks about being in the Safety of His Arms. I thought that was a really cool the way that that was phrased. One thing that our mission president often emphasizes is how the fact that we can repent is a wonderful thing and that it is actually a happy topic. When we use our agency to repent not only are we freed from those bad feeling that we feel, but we are brought into the safety of the arms of the one who gave his life to allow us this wonderful blessing.

Cool huh?!

I love you all very, very much! Send my love to the missionary coming home!

Love,
Elder Beyer (No longer need to be identified with a C.)

No comments:

Post a Comment