Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Monday, September 2, 2013

Family!

What?! Cabin fever! That sounds like a blast and I hope that you had such an amazing time up there. What? Jenna is getting pushed back again?! That is terrible and so frustrating.

Hahahaha Don is such a goofball, I love him so much. Tell him to keep smiling and keep laughing and all will work out. Good old Bubby, keep working hard and try that teacher out for a couple of weeks and then you can switch out if you need to!

As for Caden in football, in the end all will work out. You cannot see the field when you are standing on the field, it is when you take a step back and look at the big picture that you can see the purpose behind everything. Don't worry, this first part of the season is turning you into the hardest working player on the team and if you keep working hard and pushing through the adversity, you will be the best starter in due time. I remember when coach told me I wasn't going to be playing in my last game as a senior because he wanted to try a new defense I came home and started crying, I was devastated. All of my hard work gone, just like that. Brock came gave me a big hug and said it would all work out and really talked me through it and in the end I ended up playing the second quarter and on and it ended up being one of my best games that I had played all season. It will work out.

Okay so this week was a really good one! We were able to have an awesome lesson with the Tongan family and they want us to start coming on a weekly basis to read scriptures with them! I am so excited. Not only that, but the other New Zealand/Tongan/Australian Family was able to meet with us and we had an amazing little talk with them about building your foundation on Christ in this difficult world so that your kids have a good base to lean on when they encounter hard times. It was incredible! We are going back Wednesday to have a family night with them so I could not be more excited!

We have three family nights in a row this week! One with the Portuguese Family, and the other two with the Tongan rugby playing families! Gosh I am so happy I cannot even describe it. It is going to be an amazing week. Every single hard time that you ever have on the mission is swallowed up when you can see people coming unto Christ and finding joy and more happiness than they have ever had in the teachings of his gospel. Every time I think of that I really think back to the story of Ammon and his brethren and even though they were only able to convert one soul, How great was their joy?! And then if their joy was this great, imagine how great it would be to bring many souls unto repentance?

I love being a missionary! One thing that President Roney taught us recently is that one of the first things we should teach people is repentance through Christ, many people look at repentance as a bad thing, but it is the greatest blessing that we have in this life. We can repent and become clean again every week :)

Well wish me the best of luck this week. Pray your hearts out for these families! I love you all so much and remember to have fun this week!

Love,
Elder Beyer


No comments:

Post a Comment