Monday, July 29, 2013

Monday, July 29, 2013

Oh my goodness!!! 
That picture of Caden is straight messed up and I think it was taken straight from Dogwatch.com. . . Hahaha. Yeah that is definitely one for the record books. What?! Bubba got glasses! That is so crazy! Hahahaha, I am not going to lie though I am likin 'em. That is a nice look for little Bubby. 

I really liked the quote that you said and that same quote is in the little book of our family that you made for me, "Life is about learning how to dance in the rain." Lately I read a talk and we have been talking a lot about this same topic with the other missionaries about being grateful for all of your trials. The past few months I have been only trying to be grateful for all of the trials that I have had, and it has made me so much happier. I have been trying my best to be as happy as I can be right now, and it has really helped me out. Even though I am doing the same things that I was doing when I was not happy out here, it is like I am in a world of difference.

By the way, I can't believe all of those crazy updates! Kaysville is getting a little to crazy for me, so I am glad that I am over here in France. Yeah, I totally know Landon's companion, he is a really cool kid! That is awesome. Speaking of new companions. . . What are your predictions for me for the next transfer? I can't believe that it is already time for that. Missions are strange because you will have the longest days of your life and then you will look back and the week will already be over. I am convinced that I have been in a trance ever since I got to Mont-de-Marsan haha.

Everything is going really good right now though! I am really really happy! At times the french feels like it is getting a lot better and I feel like I am starting to be able to communicate with people a little bit better. It is still incredibly hard, but it is getting better everyday. 
Oh and by the way, I don't know if I mentioned last week. . . But, the curse has been broken! We finally had a lesson with someone! It was so awesome and for the first time in a long long time Mont-de-Marsan has an investigator! 

I loved what you said about I am the gardener here, I know what I want you to do. It is true, the Lord knows what he wants us to be and every trial he gives us is so that he can mold us into that person. As soon as I start to get a little proud of myself the Lord humbles me straight to the ground to prepare me for the latter part of my life.

By the way this week we had a district meeting out in Pau and it was sweet because we got to take an awesome train and bus ride all the way out there and it was gorgeous! Not to mention on the way back we were on a really nice train with lazy boy type chairs! It was sweet! 

I love being a missionary and the church is true! I love all of you so so much!

Oh and by the way can you look into getting me some church pants that have the same mesh zip mechanism as our ski pants? Haha that would be really nice :)

Love,
Elder C. Beyer

No comments:

Post a Comment