Monday, July 22, 2013

Monday, July 22, 2013 "Bordeaux was amazing"

Well hello there family!!

Just for starters Bordeaux was absolutely amazing! It honestly was so much fun being down there. We had a ton of fun with the zone leaders and this week I literally spent the whole week on exchanges. I did and exchange with Elder Kunzler, Elder Johnson, Elder Tromeur, and Elder Castillo all in this week. Elder Johnson is my zone leader and he is actually from Kaysville! It was so awesome getting to talk about good old K-Town! Hahaha :) 

This week was probably my favorite week that I have had on my mission because the zone leaders had so much energy and they were so happy to be missionaries. While we were with them we were staying in the same apartment with two other Elders, so there was six of us, and we would go out every single morning and play soccer. It was so much fun. We worked really hard this week and talked to so many people, not to mention I finally got to teach a lesson! That was awesome and man has it been awhile since I have done that! With the zone leaders we were also able to go do a service project and were able to have a BBQ with one of the members out there too, it was awesome!

We actually spent the second half of the week in Tarbes with our district leader. That was a lot of fun too. For P-Day I figured since we were already down in that area we needed to go and check out some of the cool tourists sights and the mountains, so after pulling some teeth I talked my companion into it and we went to this amazing little city called Lourd. It is one of the most beautiful cities in all of France. I am going to try and send a bunch of pictures, we need to figure out dropbox because then I could send you all of the pictures that I take really quickly. Lourd is this little city surrounded by green rolling hills and has an amazing castle and cathedral in the city that we were able to go around and see while we were there.

All of you sound absolutely amazing and I hope that you had an amazing time at the cabin. It looks beautiful where you were at! Honestly that looks a lot like the place that I was at. Caden keep working hard in football, Bubba keep being Bubba and Mom and Dad congrats on the anniversary! I can't believe that you have been married that long.

Just so you know. . . this week I got pooped on by a bird while running to catch a train, I got kicked in the bum by a drunk punk, someone spit a bunch of water out the window that got all over my pants, I have blisters all over my feet, but this week was the happiest that I have been since I have been out on my mission. I love being a missionary, despite every trial, and I know for a fact that this church is true! I love being able to tell people that everyday.

Yes I did talk to Elder Phelps! He was going to tell his parents! He is a really, really cool kid. And no that was three zones combined together! Ours are a little bit bigger than Brock's though!

Love,
Elder C. Beyer

No comments:

Post a Comment