Sunday, November 30, 2014

Sunday, November 30, 2014 "Thanksgiving"

Hey there family!

To quickly answer your question. . . we didn't eat any turkey for Thanksgiving! I will explain a little bit later why not! We were able to spend it with an American family though!

Haha I bet that that was a hilarious sight seeing Bubba tearing it up the side of the hill and you on the back trying to balance the pie crusts! I am very impressed that you didn't drop them! Haha. Ah Brock. I was hoping that in my time out here he would find his patient side and he would be getting into fly fishing to hit it up on the river with me when I get home. . . but I think that might take just a little bit more time ;) Haha, I understand where he is coming from. After a few hours all of the trees seem too look the same and they all seem like they could be the perfect one for the house. Geezzz. . . everyone is looking huge in those pictures! The only person that I am going to be taller than when I get home is mom! I sure hope that I start growing soon! I am glad to hear that the cabin was such a blast!!

I am really happy that Grandma Connie enjoyed the photos so much! I thought that she would like them!

I don't know if I have any really good photos haha. . . but, I will start looking!

Ah come on Caden! Missionaries are fun! Hahaha.

As for this week. . . it was a really good one again. It went by really quick, just like every week lately. We did a few exchanges here in Lyon though and that was a blast! Other than that we did one exchange in Yverdon, Switzerland, and we went to the district meeting of a smaller district in Lausanne, Switzerland. It was a great time being with all of those missionaries. Both of the Elders that I was able to work with are studs. One is named Elder Baldwin, he is from Logan, and the other is Elder Schalk, he is from Frankfurt, Germany. Thursday for Thanksgiving we were at the district meeting in Lausanne and although we didn't eat regular Thanksgiving food we had a feast where we ate raclette. (a french dish with potatoes, a little bit of meat, and cheese). 

Downtown Lyon
Friday we celebrated Thanksgiving for real with an amazing American family, the Heras Family. They are the greatest people ever. They had us and a bunch of other missionaries over to celebrate and they made us a feast. The thing is that they are vegan though, so they don't eat any meat or dairy. . . so we didn't eat turkey, but the food that they made us was really, really good.

Our new car
The last few days we have spent a lot of time preparing for transfers. There is a lot that we have to organize so that everything goes smooth and all of the information is organized for President when we get to his office. I really enjoy transfers. I think that it is such a spiritual process and it is very interesting. You are right though, this week will decide where I spend my last transfer! I sure hope that I stay. I would love to stay with Elder Elvidge, but the odds are not really in our favor.

Last night we were tired of working on stuff for transfers, so we grabbed the guitar in the office. . . took the office Elders and went to a really busy area and the other Elders played the guitar while the rest of us either sang or contacted. It was a lot of fun and we actually saw some good success out of it. There was only four of us, but next time we are going to try and do it with all of the missionaries in Lyon!


I fell upon a couple of great scriptures that I thought you would really enjoy this Christmas season. The first one is in 1 John 4:16 which says that God is love, and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God. The next one teaches a little bit more about the importance of Christlike love, it is found in Ephesians 3:19 and it says that to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge. . . The reason that I shared these is because the focus of Christmas and everything that we do is, or should be, centered around love. There is no knowledge more important than to know the love of Christ. . . and as we serve others, look for chances to better the lives of those around us, and help others to know that we care, little by little we begin to dwell in God.

Je vous aime trop!

Passez une bonne semaine!
Elder Beyer

No comments:

Post a Comment