Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Sunday, December 7, 2014 "Whoooh, I am Staying!!"

Dearest family,

Okay. . . I. . . am. . . staying! Whoooh! I am really excited because I really wanted to finish my mission here in Lyon. I am going to be finishing up with Elder Taylor! So we get to serve together again! I am really excited. However, I am going to miss serving with Elder Elvidge. He is headed off to Lausanne, Switzerland. He is a great guy and will be a great friend for the rest of my life. I have really been spoiled with my companions over the past little while. This next transfer is going to fly by a little bit to fast with all of the conferences and things going on. I am a little scared that before I know it I am going to be stepping on a plane not knowing what happened. I am going to be serving with Elder Taylor. . . however there is a little twist on the transfer. Seeings how neither one of us is legal to drive the car and the church is really cracking down on our mission, we have taken drastic measures. President has called a missionary to be his secretary. Someone who is young in the mission so that he is still legal to drive :) So, we are actually going to have a third member of our companionship some of the time. His name is Elder Nadauld, he is there to help us out with organization and all of the little details that go in with planning things, but he probably won't be there if we don't need the car haha. We are going to have a lot of fun together.

Hey! I think that is a great idea with the online shopping. That would have helped me to do some shopping this year. . . with that being said I am very sorry to tell you, but I was not able to buy any Christmas presents for anyone this year hahaha. Don't worry, I will just bring them with me in Feb!

Keep tearing up the slopes everyone! Oh and by the way, tell Brockster to cut the crap. We all know that they were seeing ducks all day, they just couldn't hit any of them and came home empty handed because they were so rusty. Crazy news about Shelby!!

This week was great! We spend Monday at the Roney's. We played a lot of games with all of the missionaries and had a lot of fun together. Immediately after the missionaries left we started working on the transfer. Just like last time it was a really amazing, spiritual experience seeing how the missionaries move across the mission into their new areas. Most of our time was spend doing that Tuesday and Wednesday. We spent the nights out on the town contacting and we were able to have a little bit of success teaching a couple of lessons. We made another trip to a busy area in the mission where we were able to do some contacting with all of the missionaries in Lyon which was a blast!

Thursday we had a few meetings and got organized for the upcoming week. Friday we made the calls to all of the missionaries. The most exciting is Elder Dalton and Elder Crawley will both be in Lyon next transfer! So I will be seeing a lot of both of them.

Friday night was where it got a little crazy. We didn't receive any pass along cards from the Church for the He is the Gift video like they had told us, so the missionaries were all hyped up and there was nothing to give them. So, President decided to make them on his computer and send it to a professional company and get some of our own cards made up. They showed up Friday afternoon, and the only was to get them distributed in time for all of the district meetings in a way that they heavy boxes wouldn't need to be shipped or carried by missionaries on transfer day was to take them out to all of the missionaries ourselves. So, the office Elders took the West side because they had a little bit more time, and we took Switzerland and Lyon, and we both went around like Santa delivering the cards! We had to pull an all nighter because of our schedule, so Friday night we didn't sleep at all and every time we would get to a city we would call the missionaries, they would come down and get the cards, we would hop back in and then head off to the next city! It was crazy! Haha, not to mention it has been killing us since and we are exhausted!

We didn't have any time to sleep Saturday because we were really lucky :) The senior couples came in for a conference and a little Christmas benefit to see la fête des lumières! If you don't know what that is you are going to have to go and look it up on youtube! So, we had the blessing to have a little conference with them, then after go out to dinner with them and President and Sister Roney, and then lead them around through literally millions of people seeing different light shows. To avoid losing our crowd President bought all of us swords that lit up and we let the senior couples. It was a really cool experience and something that I never would have seen as a missionary, or probably the rest of my life, if I wasn't here in this position. Pretty lucky, huh?

We ate dinner at the Roney's tonight to have one last dinner before Elder Elvidge leaves. It was great being with their family. Also, I was able to have an interview with President that was awesome. 

Life is great right now. Very stressful. Very tiring, but awesome.

I am loving being here and not believing how fast the time is going by!

In honor of la fête des lumières I thought that it wouldn't be fair if I didn't share Matthew 5:14-16. 14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid. 15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

I hope that we can all be the light for those around us during this Christmas Season!

I love you!

Elder Beyer

No comments:

Post a Comment