Monday, October 27, 2014

Sunday, October 26, 2014 "Saw a lot of the mission"


Salut Famille! 

Hey no worries at all, I got on really early this time so don't worry at all. We have all kinds of crazy things to do tonight to get ready for conference, so we are going to have a long night typing up a lot of things, translating, and all sorts of other things that need to be ready for the missionaries tomorrow. Haha, so tonight is going to be pretty crazy!

Ah, Brother Shumway is such a great man. I love him so much. 

I was thinking that my life was getting pretty crazy. . . and then I realized that I have it easy compared to you mom! With your new you new job, all of the things you are doing for the family, all of the quotes that you are finding, my application, it sounds like you have a ton going on right now so I can imagine why you were sitting in your pajamas at 10:13 haha. Thank you so, so, so much for doing that application for me. I cannot thank you enough.

I am really glad to hear that Bubba's ankle isn't broken! That is so awesome! Hahaha, Caden is a nut.

Happy birthday Grandma Peg! I love you. You are such an amazing person and have influenced me so much in my life.

This week was a great one again. As you could have guessed, we saw a lot of the mission again this week. . . 

We started off the week by doing a service project Monday that completely wore us out. We cut logs for this really cool guy from Afghanistan that we met when we were knocking doors. I thought that I was tired before we started working, boy was I wrong, I was exhausted once we were done!

Tuesday was a blast because I was able to work with some of my favorite companions from the past, Elder Dalton and Elder Taylor. It was awesome because we set it up that in the morning I was able to work with Elder Dalton, and then in the afternoon I was able to work with Elder Taylor and we taught Neson and Michael! Neson is doing so great and is as happy as can be!

Wednesday we headed over to Grenoble to do a huge a activity with a district over there. We spent the day with a bunch of different missionaries and we set the goal to pass out a whole box of Book of Mormons and teach twenty lessons together. We totally did it! However it was freezing over there!

Thursday was great! We went out to this little city called Bésiers. We went to a small district meeting with some of the missionaries over there and then in the afternoon I was able to do an exchange with another one of my favorite companions, Elder Crawley over in Montpellier! It was so much fun! :) We got some great work done as well!

Friday we headed over to Marseille and I got to watch another one of my favorite companions Elder Einerson give an amazing district meeting. He did such a great job. The meeting was so inspired and it was well needed because during the conference we were able to take some time, relax and think with some music playing in the background and set some goals for the future. In the time that I had to think I sat back and tried to pick one attribute that I thought was one of the most important attributes that can be found in all of the people that I love the most, and among others one of the attributes that came to mind was happiness. We talked about that same thing in an email a few weeks ago as well. 
One of my favorite talks is called the Abundant Life, it is a talk by Joseph B. Wirthlin.
In this talk he says that happy people:
1. Drink deeply of living waters.
2. Fill their Hearts with love. "We don't have tears here." Joseph Smith
3. With the help of their loving Heavenly Father they create a masterpiece of their lives.

I love all of these points. The first one is great because it talks about scripture reading and the importance of that. I have seen my life change as I read my scriptures. Next, we focus on love. Everything that we do is out of love. As we learn in Matthew 22, the most important commandment is to love the Lord and the second is to love our neighbor. I can testify that the key to happiness is love. When we constantly feel the love of God in our lives, we are happy. Having and feeling the love of God daily in our lives truly changes us and allows us to create a masterpiece out of the clay that our Heavenly Father has presented to us when we came to this earth. One of my favorite quotes is, "Hell is where the man I am meets the man that I could have become." Joseph Smith. We have the opportunity to become something great in this life. I know that happiness is a great place to start, and true happiness comes from the gospel of Jesus Christ.

I love you all so dearly,




Elder Beyer

No comments:

Post a Comment