Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Monday, October 13, 2014 "Mission changed my life"

Dearest family!

Wow! Football season is truly in the air! The photos that you sent out are seriously awesome! I loved them. I looked at the photo of Bubba and for a second there I thought it was Caden. . . stop growing or I won't be able to beat you up when I get home. . . Ha ha. Congrats on being a captain Caden! That is so cool! Oh, by the way I love that primary song! That is one of the best! I think that that is a great idea to try and come back in March. Were you thinking to do it the same way that you did it with Brock and just go with you, dad and me? Elder Taylor is such a great guy. I was really excited because he actually got transferred back to Lyon and he is currently serving with Elder Dalton where I used to be! So I get to see them every once in awhile! He was able to write that note because they came in to watch the last session of conference and he wanted to jump on and say a little something before I finished up.

Good luck everyone with the games this week! 

Okay. . . so, like I said, this week has been absolutely crazy! 

We have pretty much driven all over France this last week. We have been able to see so many beautiful things over this last little while. I think that my favorite part of our mission that I was able to see this last week was when we were in Switzerland. It was seriously breath taking. We got to drive through mountains, rolling green hills, all sorts of beautiful scenery for quite a few hours. 

The drive was actually pretty great too. Elder Elvidge and I got to spend about four hours talking to President and getting to know him. The more that I get to know him and his family the more that I love them. They are such great people and they have such righteous desires. It was so interesting talking to him finding out how almost every single thing that he does in life or in business is centered on moving others closer to the Savior and strengthening his family. I really loved getting to hear some of his secrets on how to have a happy family. One thing that he said that is very similar to what we have in our family is that everyone needs to be each others best friend. He talked about how you need to spend lots of time with your family and extended family to the point that they all want to spend more time together than with their friends and eventually they replace their friends with their family. So thank you for all of the family trips and times that we went up to our grandparents houses to spend time with the family. 

To answer your question. . . there are two office elders and they are awesome. We get to spend so much time with them and they help us out a ton. There are two other senior couples in the office and to thank us President and Sister Roney took us out to eat Friday night to the nicest restaurant! It was a lot of fun being together with everyone in the office. They are all so amazing because their work is so hard and tiring and yet they always have smiles on their faces!

The other day I was talking with my mission president and he said that someday you will get to a point in your life, you might already be there, where you will say and be scared as you say it, What would my life be like if I had not served a mission? My mission has changed my life so much. I couldn't imagine what my life would be like right now if I had never chosen to serve the Lord, and it truly scares me thinking about that.

This next week is going to be crazy again. We are driving down to Aix tomorrow, taking a boat down to Corscia the next day, spending a few days out there, then coming back and going to Nice. . . then finally coming home. 

This week is going to be very tiring, but I am really, really excited!

Good luck with work this week mom and dad! 

I am very lucky to be where I am at right now. I have learned so much already and I think that over the next few months I am going to learn a lot of valuable things that are going to help me all through out my life. 

I love you all so much!

Have a great week!

Elder Beyer

PS. . . I didn't get the package yet! I probably will not get it until next Saturday because we are never here!

No comments:

Post a Comment