Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Monday, September 9, 2014 "Be enternally happy"

Salut fam!

Hey there! It is so great to hear from you! You all look so great and I am glad to hear that you are taking care of the most important things right now. . . football! We are actually going to a huge park today to play football with all of the missionaries in Lyon! It is going to be a blast! Caden got a pic! TOOOO SWEET! Way better than I had my senior year! That is awesome with little Bubby! Bubbs! Stay away from those babes! They all have cooties! Brock was lookin' really good on the camera as well!
Sign me up!!
No way! Brother Shumway saw Elder Visser!!! He is one of my favorite people that I have met on my mission. He is seriously one of the hardest working, nicest, most Christlike person that I have ever met. He was my zone leader in Bordeaux and then he was the AP for awhile so I was able to work with him a lot and it was a blast!

I remember Carlos I just didn't know that the wedding date was set and all! That is awesome!

I loved the story that you shared about the primary kids giving you hugs! Sounds like you are still as awesome as I remember mom!

Okay. . . this week did end up being pretty crazy!

First off. . .

Elder Dalton has had some serious pink eye going on so I ending up doing a lot of exchanges this week so that he could stay in the office a little bit and rest his eyes. Because of that we had to go to the hospital on Monday to go get some medicine to help out a little bit. After we finished up we found ourselves with not too much time left to do something fun for our P-Day. We decided that we were going to run over to the park as fast as we could and see if we couldn't play a little football before we needed to start working. Long story short we were playing and then these four guys starting throwing a football next to us that was wayyy nicer than ours so I knew that it came straight from the states. I asked them about it and told them that they are the only people in France who play football. They were really cool and after talking for a little bit they said that they wanted to play with us. We then taught them the rules, set up the field and starting playing. It was such a blast! We had so much fun playing with them, and the best part was that at the end they asked us for our numbers and they wanted to play with us again. Some of them were really cool and I think that after we get to know them a little bit better they would gladly accept the missionary lessons.

Unfortunately this week was the week that we had to pass our really awesome investigator over to the other missionaries. It would have been awesome to work with him until his baptism. . . but we are all on the same team :) I am really going to miss teaching him! He is cool and elect! I think that we will still be able to go to his baptism though!

This week we had a combined working day with the Paris Mission in where we tried to find 1000 new investigators and we would pray every 30 minutes together so that we would see some miracles. Although we didn't quite get there we found about 400 new people to teach! How awesome is that! The Paris Mission taught a million lessons as well. I was on an exchange, but we found 4 new investigators and we taught 5 lessons! It was pretty awesome!

We had a family night with Neson this week and another Nigerian family in one of the other wards in Lyon and it was such a blast. We had so much fun together! Neson was so happy too! The coolest part was that they are both from the same city so they speak the same dialect and they were able to speak together in their native language. That really strengthened my testimony in the importance of working with members, and especially teaching our investigators on their homes, because the spirit was so Strong and the investigators are truly touched. Fun time! Not to mention Neson was singing on the bus on the way home and it was hilarious! Good thing that there weren't too many people!

We helped 2 random people move this week! That was kinda fun! I am starting to realize that I don't need to do morning workouts if we are going to be doing that throughout the day! Hahaha.

I did an exchange with Elder Vira, Elder Kirkpatrick, and Elder Pedersen this week!

Well, life is great right now.

I am really happy and I know that I am engaged in a good cause!

I really like that quote you sent. There is nothing quite like the happiness that comes after you know that you made someone else happy. I think that that is the most rewarding thing of missionary work, when you see other people touched by the Savior's love and them becoming happier in their lives. One thing about the gospel is that we are never going to prove that it is right and true. . . never! But, we can prove through the fruits of living the gospel that it is true. I know that those who truly live the gospel are so much happier than they would be without it. I know that this gospel is true and that it teaches people how not only to be happy right now, but be eternally happy.

I love you all!

Elder Beyer

No comments:

Post a Comment