Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Tuesday, February 4, 2014 "Zone Conference"




Hello there amazing family!!
It is so good to hear from you! I cannot believe that Troy is married! The day that we have been waiting for since he got home from his mission! Ah that seriously is so excited and I am so happy for him. He is lucky that I held him from his last gf so that he could find his wife. . . :) They look really, really good together. I am glad that you got to spend some time at the old stomping grounds. . . That is funny because those are all the memories that I have of American Fork except for the one where I hit my head, I guess I must have hit my head really hard and I can't remember it. I feel like sometimes that hit might still be affecting me today because I feel like I can't remember anything lately haha. That is awesome with the little brothers though. Don't worry, Brock will be home before too long to knock those bad attitudes away :)
We were pretty lucky because in our conference the other day our mission president treated us to one of the Superbowl commercials and we got to watch the new Doritos commercial. . . So in reality I didn't miss the Superbowl at all. It was one of the funniest commercials that I have ever seen of him sticking his finger through the wall and the guy in the office licking it off. . . Too good :)
So, that is why I am emailing you late again. We had conference all day yesterday here in Bordeaux. We also had our conference this last Thursday with our zone that was giving by my companion and me that was a lot of fun. We were talking about when Christ fed 4,000 with 7 loaves of bread and 3 little fishes, so my companion and I bought some little fishes and a small piece of bread and did a little presentation. It was a lot of fun because we had everyone laughing and everyone could see how miraculous it was that that many people were fed and there was still food left over. It was a lot of fun giving the conference with my companion, we had everyone laughing for most of the conference and we work really well together. My comp literally has more energy than anyone that I have ever met in my life. He just goes all day long haha, it has been a lot of fun this transfer.
Man is time flying by though, we have been so busy lately and we have literally had no time to do anything. We are always running all over the place and we always have something to do. It is incredible how the week starts and before you know it the week is over. This zone leader thing entails a lot of work too. Hahaha weather it be calling the zone, preparing for conference, doing our own work, etc. . . We always have something that needs to be done.

Last week we were going to pass this family. We had a cake for them because it was her birthday the other day, so we wanted to stop by, teach them a little and wish them a happy birthday. They weren't there at the time we had chosen for the appointment. We were kinda sad because we were hoping to fix a baptismal date. . . So we decided to wait for ten to fifteen minutes to see if they would show up. We were standing outside of the gate when all of the sudden we heard some scratching at the gate. . . We weren't sure who it was or thought that it was maybe a dog when all of the sudden this family opens up the gate door. We had a really busy road to our back and there was an SUV flying by, as soon as the door opened a little kid darted out. At first when I saw him running I was like, Oh no! I can't pick up kids. . . It is against the rules! But obviously I used my better wisdom and moved quick and snatched him up! The SUV then flew by and the expression on the parents faces was unreal, their faces were white as sheets and they were so thankful. We returned the child and they couldn't be more grateful. Sometimes the Lord puts you in places for reasons that we may have no idea why, but there is always a big reason hidden around the corner.
You would think that they would be interesting in our message after that. . . Maybe next time :)
Lyon was so much fun though. We got to fly out with a few other zone leaders and it was a blast. We all got to spend a lot of time together and the conference that we had with President Roney was probably the most spiritual conference that I have ever been to. The conferences that we have with the zone are always incredible, but that was something else. Not to mention there are a lot of incredible missionaries there add a lot of great input. It was really cool because President taught us the secret to being successful in this life and being a great leader, he said everyone needs to be done out of Love. Love is the center of everything that we do in this life, and when we love others we do all that we can for them and we do all that they ask.
For p-day today we went to the church and played some basketball with the Roney's kids, it was a lot of fun to play and have a little bit of fun with them.
Hahaha I love that as far as anyone knows our family is normal. :) That is one of my favorite quotes. I love telling people how amazing my family is and telling them about all of the crazy, fun things that we do together.
Well my amazing, wonderful family, thank you so much for all that you do for me. I love you all so much. Have a wonderful week and try not to have too much fun!
Love,
Elder Beyer




No comments:

Post a Comment