Monday, January 27, 2014

Monday, January 27, 2014 "Flying to Lyon"

Hello there wonderful family!
 
It is so good to hear from you! You all sound so amazing and Coulter and Landon both look so good, it seems like they just left yesterday. . . well two days ago because it seems like yesterday that I left. Hahaha that is so funny about Elder Einerson and you thinking that I was going to be a white trash zone leader. Well, I guess I kind of might be that in a way as well. . . Honestly though, I loved being with Elder Einerson so much. He is just being modest, he was one of the hardest working missionaries that I have ever seen, but the thing that I loved the most was that he always, always had a positive attitude. He is going to do great things on his mission and before too long he is going to be taking my place as a zone leader. So I am really a white wash zone leader, so neither me nor my companion were here last transfer so we are starting from scratch. It has been a ton of fun though. This last week we just contacted like crazy and we talked to so many people on the trams and the buses. It is a lot different than my last couple of cities because there are actually people on the buses and trams.
 
Okay, so being a zone leader is quite a bit different. I feel like I was getting too comfortable in Gex so I had to move and get some change. Right now I feel like I am learning how to do missionary work all over again. It has been a lot of fun but man has it been exhausting. There are literally people everywhere in this place and we are always talking to someone. At nights as soon as 10:30 hits the clock I am passed out in my bed. So far there hasn't been too many things different, except for we do a lot more interacting with the other missionaries. We do a lot more time talking to them on the phone and seeing how they are doing which is something that I really like doing. We are pretty blessed because we have some awesome missionaries in our zone. Another thing that we are going to be doing this week is that we are going to be teaching a zone conference this week which is going to be a ton of fun. Today we are flying into Lyon to be taught by President, Wednesday we have an exchange with the Assistants, and Thursday we are teaching our zone the things that President is going to teach us. I am very excited and it is going to be a really fun week.
 
Okay, so this week was a lot of fun. We spent almost the whole time riding trams and talking to people. We have spent a lot of time finding and talking to people, it has been awesome, despite the fact that it has rained every day since we got here in Bordeaux. But, it is still the most amazing place that I have ever served. When you think of old, old France, this is exactly what it looks like.
 
One funny thing that happened this week was that there was this old guy on the bus that was wearing aviator sunglasses and he was just a total stud. So we got talking to him, got him laughing and then told him we loved his sunglasses. He smiled and then I said, I bet you are a lady killer with those things on. The whole bus full of old ladies just started cracking up and in between laughing he said in broken English, haha, "Nope, only one, one is good for me." It was really funny and we told him that we liked he way of thinking. Although he wasn't interested in our message he was a very nice guy.
 
I am super excited to be in this new area working with my new companion. He is seriously a stud. He talks to everyone! And it seems that he always has someone laughing. He has been teaching me a lot by his example and just loving everyone around him. This transfer is going to be a blast and I think we are going to have a lot of success together.
 
Oh yeah, I met someone in our ward whose name is Anna James and she is really good friends with Blake Beyer's wife Annie! She told me to make that connection! Crazy huh?!
 
I don't know one of those Elders, but I met Elder Crossman! He was an awesome missionary and we were all sad when he headed home.
 
Thanks for sending the stories of the ancestors and the recipes, I will have to read those this week. I would love to know more about my ancestors.
 
Well my dearest family, thank you so much for being the amazing people that you are. Keep smiling and keep spreading the Love that you have with all those around you :) 
Avec beacoup d'amour!
Elder Beyer

No comments:

Post a Comment