Monday, January 13, 2014

Monday, January 13, 2014 "Push up contest"

Well hello there family!
 
Crazy to hear the big news huh?? My new companion is a really cool kid from Toronto, Canada. He is a stud soccer player and he played semi-professional before he came out here on his mission. He was converted about two years ago and he heard about the church through his girlfriend. He was actually taught for two weeks straight by Brock's mission president and was baptized two weeks after taking the missionary lessons. Cool huh?! He is going to be a great addition to our mission.
 
District Meeting!
Bubba and Caden! What style! I am liking the new coats! Ohhh myyyy goodnesssss I cannot believe that Landon is home. I don't know why, but that seriously blows my mind. He looks really, really good and I loved the story about the little kids. That is so funny. Tell him hola for me and give him a big old hug!
 
Okay so the thing that held up my companion in the MTC was his shoulder that got dislocated playing volley ball and yes he did have surgery. . . About a week ago he got the clearing to go and right after they shipped him off on his way!
 
Hawaiian Haystacks!
Lyon this past week was seriously so much fun. After picking up my new companion we got to head on over to President Roneys house and hang out with him and his family and we had an amazing meal cooked by his wife which consisted of rice a roni and Hawaiian Haystacks! I was so excited when she brought out the food. It was a lot of fun to get to spend some time with them without a million other missionaries.
 
Our Zone Leaders Dog. hahahah
Another really cool thing that we were able to experience this week was that we were able to go and do an exchange with our Zone Leaders out in Lausanne. That was seriously such a blast. In the morning they took us out on the metro and we rode down all the way to lake Geneva. We contacted everyone on the way and we tried to contact the whole metro! It was crazy! One we got down to the lake we were able to walk around and take some pictures and man it was seriously so beautiful!!! After we contacted around the lake we hopped back on to the metro and headed back to the city to eat some lunch. They had told us about where we were going to eat the night before, but we had no idea really what to expect. . . They took us to a real American burger joint!! It was seriously so good and was one of the best hamburgers and fries that I have ever had. . . It was this place called Holy Cow and it was so legit that about half of the menu was written in English. The place was packed with young adults and it looked like a really fun environment to meet up and hang out with your friends, it was like the cool version of club chev!
 
This week we had a Senior couple come and inspect our apartment and during the inspection it came up that the Husband said he does 100 push ups every single morning and he is 69 years old! We were so shocked and he was like, do you want to see right now? Or better yet do you want to have a push up contest?? We were like yeah! Hahaha so Elder Crawley and I had a push up contest with this older Elder who seriously did 30 push ups in a row and almost beat us! It was insane! I am proud to say I didn't loose, but still. Right after we finished I told him that he was just like my grandpa and that my grandpa is still stronger than me and that gave him a laugh. You better still be as strong as you were when I left Grandpa Bob!
 
As for my District Leader and Zone Leaders, they are all so awesome. I love my Zone Leaders the most, they are always doing something fun and they always have one of us laughing.
 
For my birthday you can send me whatever you want, but I was thinking maybe a small cookbook with your really good recipes. I don't really need a lot of anything though. I will keep you updated. Maybe some more of those zebra pens!
 
In our mission they are making a mission cookbook so mom I really want to have the Beyer name in there so next week can you send me some of your amazing recipes that will be published in the book? Maybe oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. . . you know the good stuff :)
 
I love you all so much and hope that you have an amazing week!
 
"Life is full of difficulties, some minor and others of a more serious nature. There seems to be an unending supply of challenges for one and all. Our problem is that we often expect instantaneous solutions to such challenges, forgetting that frequently the heavenly virtue of patience is required."
-President Thomas S. Monson
 
Love,
Elder Beyer

No comments:

Post a Comment