Monday, October 28, 2013

Monday, October 28, 2013 "I am Staying!"

Famille!
Bonjour! Je vais. . . rester! I am staying in Gex with Elder Liechty! Actually all of us are staying in Gex! We are so excited, the only difference was moving apartments, which was actually kind of nice because it is awesome being in Gex. We are right next to the church now and I think that I going to be really helpful when we have RDV's there. Ohhhhhh myyyy goodnessssss, I cannot believe that Troy is getting married! Talk about trying to change my whole world out here! Who in the world am I going to hang out with in two years??? Everyone is getting married and dropping off the edge of the world! Hahaha but that is really awesome for him and I am really excited for him. Aren't the members here awesome? Yeah last night we had a crepe party with the members and it was seriously a blast, he asked me if I wanted another crepe and I was like no thank you, but I would love to cook one! So, he filmed it and sent it home :) That other night with the investigators was really good as well, the Aubin family is so awesome and they help us out so much. Their son is the Ward mission leader and he just got back from his mission about a year ago, he is so awesome, but the only problem is that he is in Lyon for school so we don't get to see him very often :(
That makes me so happy to hear that Jenna's farewell went so great! I knew she would do great. . . I just can't believe that she is actually going to be leaving this week, that blows my mind.
Okay, so this week was another really good one. I finally got to do an exchange in Switzerland. . . So now I can officially say that I served in Switzerland. It is truly one of the most amazing places in the whole world. Last week I was in Lausanne which is this amazing city right on the Edge of Lake Geneva and at one part of the day we were on top of one of the mountains overlooking the lake and the amazing mountains in the distance where the hills all around us were lit up by the many houses attached to the side of the mountain, ahhhh so amazing. I wish that I could stay over there for a few months.
We have been finding a few more people to teach this week, we had a few lessons with some investigators and most of the ones that we have right now are progressing pretty well. We really hope that all will continue to go well and that we can see some miracles of people wanted to be baptized here in Gex. It has been tough because the investigators that were here when we had gotten here have been taught for more than fifteen years, so we have been really bold with them this transfer and we have seen a lot of progress out of them.
I am so blessed to be on a mission right now. I will always say that this is the hardest thing that I have ever done in my life, and I know that I have many hard things to come, but it has been one of the greatest blessings of my life. Missions are incredible. I have a million other things that I need to learn while I am out here and I have not changed nearly as much as I need to, but I know that all of that is possible through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. We have such a blessing to know that through Christ we can change, something that I feel so blessed to learn about every day when I am talking to these amazing French People.
Je vous aime trop! Et aussi. . . La France est le meilleur. . . :)
Love,
Elder C. Beyer

No comments:

Post a Comment