Monday, June 3, 2013

Monday, June 3, 2013 "Blair's Engaged!"


OHHHH MYY GOODNESS! 
I can't believe that Blair is actually engaged! This is seriously blowing my mind, and if all of you are messing with me back at home I am not going to be too happy with you. . . If not :) CONGRATS! I would like to get a wedding announcement in the mail, and a nice handwritten letter from Blair :)
That is such crazy news! All of that is so crazy! I am so glad that Coach Gladwell came back too, that is the best thing that could have happened to Davis Football.
I truly cannot believe Becca is married, blows my mind! I am starting to get old if my friends are starting to get married!

It sounds like everyone is doing amazing though! I am so glad to hear that. I love to hear that everyone is doing good because it makes it a lot easier to be out here walking the streets of France looking for people to share the gospel with. That is one of my main motivations when I am out here, finding families to give them what we have in our awesome, huge family. As you could have guessed, everything is going really good out here right now. I had some really hard days this week, but at the same time I had some really awesome days this week. We got to experience some really cool things this week, one of which was going to stake conference! It was so awesome! We traveled by train to get there and it was over in Bordeaux. It was really cool to see all of those French members. Granted, in Utah a fourth of France is just a couple of blocks. . . but still! It was so great and it really made me motivated and happy to see all of those latter-day saints. It was also really cool to see members that I have met when I was on an exchange in other cities and be able to talk to them for a little bit.
One cool thing that we did this week was we went out to a members house. This members house is the one that I gave the lemon drops too and they are the ones that own the tattoo parlor. It takes us about 45 minutes to get there by train, so we go out there for the night and stop by their mothers house for about an hour to talk with her and share a quick thought. So after that we head on over to their house, and they have a sweet house! It is an old biker bar that has been converted into a modern home with a bunch of really cool features. It was just like having a meal at home in our house where there is a lot of kids talking and you feel really comfortable. All in all it was just a really comfortable atmosphere. So, about halfway through dinner Frere Canard, (Brother Duck, translation) saw a rat running around outside of their house so he runs into his room to get something. We had no idea what he was doing until he came out with a little handgun. We started laughing because he was going to try and shoot it. The gun looked like it was a little pellet gun, when all of the sudden he shot it and a huge bang rung throughout the whole kitchen. He just shot right out the door! It was so funny and Elder Asay and me were laughing really hard. We didn't check, but there is probably a dead rat somewhere outside of his house now. . . 
Okay, so after that we messed up on train times, so long story short they were driving really fast to get us back to the train stop. We jumped out of the car and ran to the other side of the train station. No train. It was about nine already and the next train didn't come until ten thirty. So we called the zone leaders and let them know that we weren't going to be in on time. At that schedule we wouldn't be back until around eleven fifteen. We didn't want to sit around waiting for that long at the station though so we thought it would be a good idea to walk to the next train station. We got about a half an hour into the trek when we both felt we should turn around. We turned around and as soon as we got to the train station a train shows up out of nowhere. We run over and it was out train running late! We made it there in perfect timing and we made it back by 10:24! Sooo sweet! Someone is looking out for us :)

Well family I love you all! Keep being the amazing people you are!
Love, Elder C. Beyer

No comments:

Post a Comment