Monday, June 17, 2013

Monday, June 17, 2013 "Happy Father's Day"

 
 
Family!

Happy Father's Day!!!! Your father's day at home sounded so funny! I loved hearing about all of that and I bet it was so funny. All of those dads are really funny and I am sure kept the kids laughing the whole time. Crazy enough we had Father's Day here too. . . and they totally sang the same songs with the primary in front of the congregation, but obviously it was in french! Haha it was the cutest funniest thing, it was the exact same as back home with the song where they wrap their arms around their fathers and give them a big kiss! I loved it and it made me feel right at home. The primary president gave us some chocolate too because she said that someday we are going to be fathers :) It was an awesome day and one of my favorite days that we have had so far. Not to mention we had 6 investigators at church! It was so awesome, they just kept showing up out of nowhere!

Hahaha I loved every single one of those pictures! Hey! Blair isn't supposed to see the wedding dress before the wedding. . . which I still don't believe is going on. Troy looks like an old man and all of my brothers look really really good! Megan and Ben's baby is so cute!

I guess that is alright if Bubba stays in my bed. . . even though he is totally not old enough yet! Haha I can't believe that he has graduated to the downstairs! He can totally stay down there though, don't let Caden get any bright ideas though about taking my stuff though. . .

I remember those good old days of playing baseball everyday in the heat and getting so sick of it, but one day he will get to the point where he is walking around in a Foreign Country that seems to be twice as hot as back home and you are sweating out of your mind in your white shirt and tie. It has been getting so so so hot! I had no idea that it was going to get this hot over here in France!

Hahaha yeah totally send my picture to the Ensign. . . that would be so awesome!

Okay. . . So everything is going really good right now! I am really happy and despite the trials this week I have been having a lot of fun and I am really happy to be a missionary right now. The french is still really tough and it is the most exhausting thing to walk around all day going from appointments and just walking across town contacting people. After every long hard day that we have had though we have seen some really cool little miracle of finding someone who is ready to make a change in their life.

This week was so amazing because a member of the seventy came out to our mission and talked to us. His name is Elder Richards and he was a heart surgeon at IHC, maybe you know him. He taught us so many amazing things about the gospel, taught us how to have more success as missionaries and how to be happy as missionaries. It was such a good message and I felt so motivated after!

He said that in the gospel, and he had scriptures to prove every one of his points, happiness directly comes from having the spirit with us and that is directly related to CHOOSING to obey the gospel and its' teachings. So, if you want to be happy in this life you will choose to obey the gospel not because you have to, but because you love the Lord and you want to be happy!

This is my last week of this transfer! I can't believe that! So, do you think that I am going to be staying in Perigueux with Elder Asay for another transfer? Staying here and getting a new companion? Or totally changing up everything on the other side of France?? I find out this Friday and I am so excited! I really hope that I get to move around soon because I am ready to see some change, but at the same time we have some incredible things going on right now and I would like to see them followed through!

Well everyone, I love you all and I know this gospel is true! And, I know if you live the gospel you will be happy and that is the only way for true happiness!

Love,
Elder C. Beyer

No comments:

Post a Comment