Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Monday, May 27, 2013 "Keep being Awesome"





Famille!!
Bonjor! Vous me monquez!
Hello everyone! It seems like it has been so long since I have talked to you! Okay, so that awesome little old lady is one of our eternal investigators who is the mother in law of one of my favorite families here in Perigueux. Her name is "Mami". She is 94 years old and she is still kickin and probably has more energy than me, she kinda reminds me a little bit of Great grandma Beyer. Mami is so hilarious and she always makes me laugh every time that I go over there. That is so crazy about Olivia! Yeah of course I remember her! She is going to be an amazing missionary and I am so happy for her, that is going to be an awesome mission for her. Get her started on the language right now. I am not even worried about Bryton a little bit, I always looked up to him and truly he is going to be such a great missionary. He will be twice as happy as me in no time, guaranteed. Have Pam tell him that it is really hard at first, but it WILL get better (eventually). I can't wait to hear where Ashton is going, that is one I have been wondering about. That is awesome about Jensen too! Tell Bubba to just work hard and enjoy it because it goes by in the blink of an eye. . . and Caden better not quit football, that would be one of the biggest mistakes of his life. Football teaches you some valuable lessons and my favorite experiences from football are not from being on the field, but messing around at practice and hanging out with the football team. ( I can't believe Layton made it that far too! Crazy.)
Awesome! So I am doing really really good right now! I have a lot of stories for you and I don't even know where to begin. Okay so these past couple of months have been really hard for me, I have been really happy at times, but really sad at times too. We just didn't really have very much work going on here and I felt like we hadn't really helped any one here in Perigueux. Well, all of that went out the door this week. After all of those long hard weeks we started to see some miracles! Just this past week we got 3 people engaged for baptism! One of the people that we found is scheduled to be baptized before this transfer ends too! It is so incredible to see what the Lord can do if you continue to show faith and endure the trials. That was the main message from Bleus Conference as well, President Roney said that the most important thing we can learn on our missions is how to love everyone and how to have faith. He always says that the difference between a good missionary and a miraculous missionary is faith.
So we exercised a lot of faith this week and it payed off! Not only that, but while we were sitting in church this Sunday with our investigators that we had there a huge young family showed up from England, they were visiting for vacation. It was the best experience I have had on my mission so far! I loved every second of trying to scramble around and find chairs for this visiting family. Who would have thought that the best feeling in the world is going to find chairs during sacrament meeting???! This family was awesome though, there was two cute young couples and about fifteen cute kids, they were all wearing bright summer clothing and really brought the meeting well needed energy. My companion and I turned to each other and said, man this is how church really is and needs to be every week.
It was such an amazing experience and one that I will always remember for the rest of my life. Well needed to I might add.

This week was awesome! It really made me get an awesome feeling of why I am out here walking around all day looking for people to share the gospel with. The gospel is true, and I know that it brings happiness. It is a lot easier to see when you are surrounded by the opposite of the gospel haha. The language is still incredibly hard and I don't speak very well, but I am still happy. Keep praying for me!

1. Treat: Flavored licorice? Rice krispy? Really whatever you want to send.
2. Favorite cereal: Maybe frootie pebbles right now. . .
3. No we took a train back, but I like the trains because you see the countryside.
4. Football game was amazing, best P day so far and it was awesome will all of those missionaries. We went street boarding with all of them that night, that is where you write a big message on a board to get people to talk to you. The more ridiculous the better!
5. Favorite memory: Eating KFC in the outfield while dad played his softball games.

I love you all so much! Keep being awesome!
Love,
Elder Beyer

No comments:

Post a Comment