Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Saturday, June 7, 2014 "So Excited"

Hello there my beautiful family!

Okay, I just found out a few days ago that we would be emailing today instead of next Wednesday. . . So that is why you are hearing from me right now! As you know next week we are going to be making a long trip. . . So we wont have much time to do other things. . . 

Everything is going great right now though.

Right after I sent my email last week we headed on over to a family's house in Lyon that Elder Taylor had spent a lot of time with when he served there. They were so happy to have us over and they fed us and the other companionship who was with us, Elder Castillo and Elder Montgomery. It was a lot of fun and on top of that, they are an American family so it was all in English!

The next day was leadership council and that was as usual an incredible experience. It was such an edifying experience and it really got me motivated to get out and start getting to work. We talked a lot about member missionary work and contacting, but the bulk of the conference was on the Elder Andersen and Elder Kearon conference. 

This conference is seriously going to be such an amazing experience. President Roney has been pushing hard the fact that this conference is not so that we can just go and feel good, but it is so we can have a life changing experience that allows us to be more like our Savior Jesus Christ. We are focusing a lot on our preparation and what it is going to take so that we will be spiritually and temporally ready for the words of an Apostle. I am so excited, even if we have a 13 hour drive haha. We have a lot of rules for the conference, so it is not going to be a fun reunion with the other missionaries. . . we are even asked to reverently ride down on the bus to Nice, but I know that it is all going to be worth it in the end and it is going to be an incredible experience.

Other than that we had our conference on Friday that went really, really well. We have an awesome zone right now so I think we are really going to be seeing some miracles soon and especially on the 5th of July. After conference I was able to do a quick exchange with an Elder named Elder Hunt over in Brive! It was a blast and although the trains made it tough on us I finally made it back to Bordeaux in one piece!

Well. . . the exchanges, getting up at 4:15 for the plane, and the heat is taking it out of me. . . but I could not be more grateful to be a missionary at this time in my life.

I know that I am a part of one of the most fulfilling things in the world at this time in my life. I know as well that if we put our trust in our Savior that we can accomplish things that we didn't think were possible. The Savior asks us to do difficult things, but I know that every time that we respond to this call our faith grows. Now. . . the trick is to keep growing that faith!

With all the love in the world,

Elder Beyer

No comments:

Post a Comment