Monday, April 8, 2013

Monday, April 8, 2013 "Culture Shock"

Family!!!
Ah, it really is so good to hear from you. I am doing really well here in France and I can't believe that I am actually here. It is definitely a culture shock though, I had some speculations about how France would be, but I wasn't really right on what I thought. . . When we first arrived in Lyon I was shocked, it is a huge city! Metros everywhere, people everywhere, it really is huge. Those first few nights we stayed in a hotel and toured the city with the AP's and the Mission President, our AP's and Mission President are so amazing, that was awesome though. We ate dinner at the mission home our second night there and it was really fun, the mission home is incredible. On the way were able to talk to people on the metros and seriously as soon as I started talking to someone I forgot every french word that I had learned ha ha. I just stood there with a blank stare until I could muster our a sentence. It was quite the experience, no need to worry though because the AP helped me out and I made it through that conversation. The next person went a lot better though, I couldn't understand them, but they seemed to understand some of what I said ha ha. Who knows though!
Everything that you said is spot on with the town and with my companion. His name is Elder Asay and he is from Texas, yeah he is 26 also. He is such a stud, we both like a lot of the same things and he loves to fly fish. We get along really good and I think that I am going to have a lot of fun this first transfer. We are in the little city of Perigueux. . . It is a small little town on the west side of our mission. It is a really cool little town and it has been pretty fun so far. We stay in a little apartment and yeah it has a blue door. That is crazy that you were able to see it! We are about an hour and a half away from the other missionaries and we are like a two days/one long day journey away from the mission home. So, we are kinda by ourselves.
We were able to watch conference, but we were not able to get it to play in English at first at the church so we ending up walking over to a members house and watched it there. That was really nice because I was finally able to understand what people were saying besides my companion! That was a funny day when we were at the members house because they kept speaking to me in French and I could not understand a single word, I have never felt so lost in my life in a conversation. Good thing I have a companion to help me out.
That is so awesome about those mission calls! I am so excited for all of them, they are going to love it (especially the part about speaking English in the united states! ha ha) I hope all of you had so so much fun in St. George and know that I love you all so much! 
Love Elder C. Beyer



No comments:

Post a Comment