Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Tuesday, March 5, 2013 "Bonjor!"

Bonjor!
Hello family! It sounds like you are all doing awesome back at home! That is so cool for Caden's lacrosse and I love that Bubba got shoes just like mine! I am so glad that everything is still going good. I am doing really good here in the MTC, some days can be really long and really tedious, but for the most part I am having really fun. There are definitely times when I get discouraged here, especially with the language, but don't worry about me I will be fine. So it really is true what they say about the MTC, I was told that you will have the longest days and the shortest weeks. The reason that they say this, and it is completely true, is because you do the same thing everyday and everything is completely planned out for you, so all of the days blend together. Since all of the days blend together it makes one week seem like a continuous day. . .
As for my french, it is still pretty confusing, but I feel like I am improving a little bit seeing how I didn't know a lick of french when I got in here. It is really weird how the studying works here, most of it is done with just you and your companion so you have to take the initiative and learn a lot of it by yourself. It can get confusing, but they say it works so I need a little bit more faith. My district leader responsibilities are really simple in here, the only things that I have to do is pick up the mail, hold a few meetings, and go to a few extra meetings. I really like doing all of those things though because it changes your days up a little bit.

Okay, so the part that you have all been waiting for. . . San Francisco! It was so awesome. It was a ton different than everyone thought it was going to be, so it turns out it was actually just a day vacation while we got our visas! We flew out at 7 in the morning and a driver picked us up at the airport. It only took 30 minutes for all of us to get our visas and then we spent the rest of the four or five hours touring San Fran! We spent a ton of time on Pier 39, the Golden Gate bridge, and we talked to some people about the church. We ended up eating at a place called fisherman's pizza and it was really good. It was so nice to get away for the day!
Sorry I don't have a ton of time, but just remember I love you all so so much and I am doing good!
Love,

Elder Beyer

No comments:

Post a Comment