Monday, January 12, 2015

Sunday, January 11, 2015 "Truly love my mission"

Bonjour!

Right now I am currently writing you from a hotel lobby in Nice. We spent the morning in Aix where we went to church and the afternoon we made the trip down to the even further south. Everything is going great right now. The sun just set, but it has been a beautiful past couple of days. It has been a lot of fun touring around the mission. It is starting to take a toll on the body, but other than that everything is going really well!

We lucked out Friday night in Aix. President has a teacher travel around with them to teach London and Kelson and originally she had planned on coming that night to meet them in Aix. She decided to spend a few more days with her husband and ended up postponing her arrival just a few days. Anyways, all of that to explain that because of that the Roney's had an extra hotel room that they couldn't cancel. We scored big and we got to take that room! That was definitely the best nights sleep that I have had over the past few weeks. The hotel was crazy nice and we woke up to an incredible breakfast buffet. Not too shabby, huh?

The next few days are going to be spent doing basically the same thing everyday. The only thing that really changes is our location, where we are sleeping, and where and who we eat with that night. It has been awfully strange over the past few days, I have felt like I have been living the movie Ground Hog Day. Haha, it has been the same thing over and over again with just a few slight variations. Haha, hopefully if I live the day right it will finally stop! ;)

The other day it hit me how soon I am going to be able to see you all! I am so excited. I am going to miss my mission like crazy, but I can't wait at the same time. This week I shared my final testimony at the Lyon conference with Elder Crawly and Elder Dalton. Man was that weird. It seems like we were just in the MTC together. Both of those guys have become some of my best friends for life so it was great to finish on such an incredible note with them. I can relate to Brock, it was pretty hard to give that without bursting out in tears. I have truly loved my mission.

Something cool that was said in a conference not too long ago was that one day there will be a point in our lives where we think, what would my life be if I has not served a mission. My mission has improved my life in so many ways. I have come to understand a little bit better about how happy living the Gospel makes people in their lives. This knowledge has really helped me to see that even though it might seem tough, as we live the teachings of Christ we are blessed in so many ways that we couldn't even imagine. I have definitely noticed that I would not have that strong conviction if I had not come out here and done many hard things. I know now though, that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is divine and is there for our happiness.

I will try not to be counting down the days until I see you, but London is not making it easy! Haha!

I love you all so much!

Love,
Elder Beyer

No comments:

Post a Comment