Monday, December 29, 2014

Sunday, December 28, 2014 "Grateful for this experience"

Hey family!!

It was so great to hear from you for Christmas! You all looked so great and sounded so happy. Thanks :) I am going to miss being able to share with others my testimony in french.  It sounds like you had a wonderful time for Christmas! We watched some movies as well. . . we ended up watching Frozen in french for the one Disney movie that we could watch for Christmas.

I think you are right. I am going to be grateful for the experiences that I have been having for the rest of my life. I have had some of the greatest laughs, cries, and amazing experiences out here. I know that these experiences have truly shaped me to the person that I need to be in the future. Elder Taylor is a great guy. I am really happy to have this opportunity to serve with him again. We all have been having a blast together. Yeah, I don't know what that crazy girl is thinking! Haha. She is going to do an incredible job though and I am really happy for her.

Since we talked on Christmas we had a few crazy experiences. We drove down to Avignon to pick up a washing machine. It was great because I got to see two old companions. Elder Ambursley and Elder Liechty. Both of them are doing really great and are really happy. After that we headed down to Toulouse and dropped off the washing machine and did an exchange with the Zone Leaders down there. It went great despite the fact that it rained literally the whole time! Haha, it was freezing! Well I guess not literally or we would have had snow.

The trip back was really tiring. We made another stop by Avignon to drop off another washing machine that we had picked up for them. It was awesome because both times that we stopped through Avignon they were eating with members and the members begged us to eat with them a little bit. So the first time we ate some amazing cake, and the second time we had lasagna with one of the families. It was not too shabby! The next morning we got up at 5 and headed back to Lyon to make it to church on time! We made it!

Everything is going great right now. I am really happy to be serving the Lord.

I know that as we learn to follow the Savior and trust that he knows better than us, we are blessed. Often times my mission president says that our job is to learn everything that Christ taught and obey it, because that is what makes us happy. I know that this is true. There is no better way to learn what he said than to feast upon the scriptures everyday. Let us all make some great resolutions to not go a single day without reading from these wonderful scriptures that we have been provided with.

I love you so much!

Have a wonderful week!




Love,
Elder Beyer

No comments:

Post a Comment