Monday, August 4, 2014

Monday, Monday, August 4, 2014 "A round of applause!"






Geezzzz!!!

Brock, Caden, and Bridger are all looking way tall. Are you sure that that was really a picture of them? Wow. . .

Haha everyone looks really good though! Caders, keep working hard, and I promise that if you keep a good attitude the coaches will see that and you will get playing time, however, if you start to complain they will never put you in! Try and hustle and be the first one in every drill, always be the one who runs and gets everything that the coaches as for, work your tail off!

Hey! That looks like a familiar face! I am so happy that she stopped by to see you! You all look so good! Haha, yeah Brock told me about that! I was laughing so hard when he told me what he said to her! The backyard looks completely different as well! Brock, you are going to love your college classes! They are seriously the best and they are so much better than high school classes!

Okay, before I forget, I had a member ask if we could make a carrot cake for him. . . so if at all possible could you send me the recipe for the really good carrot cake that you make?

As for this week. . .

Man did it fly by.

There was a funny experience that happened at church. There was an investigator that showed up with the other Elders that are in our ward, and since it was fast and testimony meeting he decided to get up and share with us his testimony. This guy is from China, so in broken french he shared with everyone his testimony. The funny part was that he was telling everyone how grateful he is for the missionaries, and then he said I would like it if we could all give Elder Frost a round of applause. . . for a minute everyone just sat there not knowing what to do and the investigator started clapping. . . We didn't want to make him feel awkward, so Elder Powell and I join in haha, and then in the back of the room there was about 10 young adults who see us and then decided that if we were doing it it must be okay and they erupted clapping really loud. Ah it was so hilarious. . . you see something new everyday!

We had another pretty packed week of finding, teaching, and exchanges. We have been all over the place, and honestly the only time that I feel like I get to relax a little bit is during studies. . . so I love studies :)

We had a cool experience the other day on the bus. We had just finished up with a lesson at the church, and we jumped on the bus to take us all the way back home. We got on the bus and in looking around we see three people not including the bus driver. Elder Powell gets stopped by the bus driver trying to practice his English with him and then I found myself trying to decide which of the three people I was going to talk to. . . one of them is a teenage girl, and the other one was a young couple that didn't look to interested, but I decided to give the young couple a short. Unfortunately they were getting off at the next stop, so I made them promise to talk to the missionaries the next time that they see us, and then I let them on their way. After that there was only the teenage girl left, so I thought why not. . . I went over and started talking to her and she ends up being way interested. She was getting off really quick so she gave me her number and jumped off at her stop. . . a few days later I gave her a call to see if we could meet up with her at the church and talk a little bit more about Jesus Christ. She said that she would love to and the next day before she left on vacation she met us for a RDV. We weren't really sure if she was going to come, and we were kinda of scared that we had a member come all the way out for no reason, but sure enough, she was right on time. . . We walk into our church building and she says, what even is the name of your church? I told her and then another missionary said, we are also the Mormons! She then said no way?! My best friend in France is a Mormon! She tells us the name and it turns out that it is actually the bishop's daughter! How crazy is that?! We then went into the young women's room where there were pictures on the wall of all of the young women, and sure enough her friend was right there! We then went on to have an amazing RDV where the spirit was really strong, and in the end when we gave her a chapter of the Book of Mormon to read she asked if she could read the whole thing while she is on her trip. . . we were like, umm yeah, definitely haha! Sadly, she is going on vacation for three weeks :( So, we wont be able to teach her, but be prayin' that all goes well!

Right now missionary work is kind of difficult here in France. . . Literally everyone is on vacation!!! Half of the ward is gone, and all of our investigators have left or are going to leave.

Everything is going really well with M... and J... right now as well. We are just waiting for J..... to get back from his vacation and for M....to realize that he knows it is true!

Life is great right now though. . . Today we are going to the Ecully chapel to play some basketball with all of the other missionaries. . . so wish us luck!

I love you all so much!

This week in my studies I found something in Luke that I thought was interesting. Right after Christ is crucified there is a story about Joseph of Arimithea and how he shows a huge increase of faith by going and begging for the body of Christ. A few verses later in Luke 23:56 it states that the women prepared the spices and ointments to take to Christ's tomb, but after they prepared them they didn't take them to the tomb the next day on the sabbath, instead they went the day after and that is when Christ was no longer there because he had risen. I really liked that because I feel like they showed an incredible amount of faith in still following what Christ had taught them. Then, shortly after, Christ appears first to some of these chosen women. I believe that them choosing faith and still following the Savior when he was no longer there prepared them spiritually to see the resurrected Savior.

I really like this because it helped me to see that even through times of crisis, when we choose to follow the Savior we are blessed in ways that earthy words cannot describe!

Have a great week!

Love,
Elder Beyer

No comments:

Post a Comment