Monday, August 25, 2014

Monday, August 25, 2014 "The Football Spirit"

Hey there!
 
Can you believe that it is already time to go back to school? It seems like we were just starting last years school year. I love hearing that the family is tearing it up in football this year! You all look like serious studs! Tell Troy good luck with this upcoming year and I want a  BYU Hinds Jersey when I get back :) As for school, I am not sure. . . I was thinking about that the other day. I really want to go back up to Utah State for a little while I think, and then maybe after my associates switch on over to BYU. Although, I have no idea. (It wouldn't be a bad idea to maybe fill out an application. . .) I heard that the BYU applications take forever though. So, I don't know. I think that my release date is actually February 2nd. . . crazy, huh? Tell Stephanie hi!
This week there was not too much crazy stuff that happened.
I feel like I am starting to get boring. I write the same things every week.
We are still teaching the same people and they are all doing awesome. Sadly, one of them is moving. . . to the other ward's sector in Lyon. . . So, our investigator named S.... who is totally going to get baptized is probably going to have to be passed to another companionship. But, I think maybe if we beg President he will let us keep teaching him. . . We will see.
Elder Dalton and I have been having a blast. Almost too much fun actually ha ha. This last week has been awesome and it has seriously flown by.
We had a teaching appointment with this 12 boy who just came back from his vacation break that went really well. He is so ready to be baptized and he finally got the OK from his dad. . . so now it is just a matter of finding the right day and time for the baptism. His name is Jonah and he is really, really cool. He knows so much about the gospel it is insane!
This last week when we were teaching the little African kid named Neson he said that at church he kind of feels strange because he doesn't have a white shirt and tie. We told him not to worry about that and that we would take care of it. So, on Sunday we slipped a shirt and tie in our bag and when we saw it we popped it out. . . He was seriously so excited! He face was ecstatic! He had a big smile on his face from ear to ear and when he got on that white shirt he was looking pretty classy.
Carine from Bordeaux was in Lyon this week and she gave us a call and we were able to meet up with her and have a quick little RDV that went really good! She is doing so well and it was so great to see her!!
This week is going to be a crazy busy one because first off we have our Mission Leadership Council tomorrow. Definitely my favorite meeting as a missionary. Then, we have our zone training meeting on Thursday. Also another one of my favorite meetings! It is going to be a blast.

Today there is not much going on so we are going to head down to the big park and try and get some football going on. We have the football spirit down here too, but we can't get any Frenchies to join us! I guess they don't like this sport. . . lame. . .
Life is great though and I am happy as can be! No need to worry! I love you all!
Passez une très bonne semaine!
Love,
Elder Beyer

No comments:

Post a Comment