Monday, May 19, 2014

Monday, May 19, 2014 "This week was a great one!"




Hey there wonderful family!

Hahaha I was loving that story about Brad and Brad and it got me laughin' over here in France so I can only imagine how much you were laughing over there! I am sorry to hear that the Lacrosse season ended like that. That is never fun :( As usual though, I am stoked to hear that Caden played so well! Hey by the way, I loved your joke to! I feel like Grandpa Gene might have told me that one. . . 

This week was a great one though. I have a lot of awesome things to tell you.

Okay, so a few weeks ago we met this really cool guy named S.... when we were knocking doors. He let us right in and we were able to explain our message, give him a Book of Mormon, set up a return RDV and leave in about 15 minutes. We went back a few days later to teach him the restoration. We taught him and the spirit was really, really strong and I asked him to be baptized if he came to know our message was true. He was shocked by the question, absolutely shocked. He said, we have only met a couple of times, and I said, I know. He thought, and he thought, and after about 5 minutes he said, yes, I would. So we fixed a date and told him that we were going to have to start seeing him more often so we can help him prepare. He thought that was a great idea, so we taught him a few more times, he came to church, he loved it! Then he invited us out to eat on Monday night, we had an amazing Bordeaux meal and he bought us books about Bordeaux, he wrote us really nice letters thanking us with Book of Mormon scripture references on them and he explained to us that he believes our Heavenly Father put us in his way to help him. The teaching is going great right now, he has been to church two times, and as of right now he is going to be baptized on the 5 of July, but most likely we are going to be moving up his date. . . Pretty cool huh?!

This week we had district meeting and the sisters in our district are both from the South and are really, really good at cooking. So, after district meeting they made homemade fried chicken with mashed potatoes that was seriously to die for! So I am pretty excited for district meeting this week :)


I have a cool story for you. . . 

So I was on a bus standing there a little bit scared to start talking to people, they were all looking really scary that day for some reason. I swallowed my fear though and started contacting. . . The first person told me no immediately and said they were too tired to talk, I went on to the next person. . . who ignored me. . . then to the next. . . who did the same! At this time there is someone up front laughing at me, so to prove him wrong I talk to another person who immediately shut me down! I was just like, man it is not my day today! So not knowing what to do I look behind me at the cutest little girl in the world, she looked at me with this huge smile on her face and she blew me a kiss! Hahaha isn't she just the nicest little girl in the whole world? I would dare say that that was one of my favorite experiences on my mission.

That is really cool what you said about music. One thing that my mission president said is that music and love are common denominators of heaven. Most things in this life do not correlate with the things that happen before and after, but there is something special about these two things. There is nothing stronger than listening to spiritually uplifting music while in am ambiance of love.

There is a cool quote that I heard one time that kind of goes with what you said, "Hell is where the man I am meets the man that I could have become," Joseph Smith. So, the invitation to us all is to never let minor obstacles get in the way of your divine potential.

I love you all so dearly and I hope that your semaine is excellente!

Bises,
Elder Beyer

No comments:

Post a Comment